Volcoross Guide + Tactics
Volcoross - is the third boss from the secret and exciting raid Amirdrassil, the Dream's Hope.
In our store you can buy carry any raid on the link: Boost raids in WoW.
- Single-target combat (choose talents without AoE damage).
- Before the battle starts, divide the raid into two equal groups.
- The most reasonable and effective solution is to use Heroism / Bloodlust (BL) from the first second of the fight.
- Enrage when the entire platform runs out. After 4 meteors, approximately 05:00 (Heroic).
|Title||Description||Explanation of "What to do?"|
|Serpent's Fury||Volcoross spews streams of fire from his jaws, dealing 91k fire damage to all players every 0.5 seconds for 5 seconds. Several players are ignited by Coiling Flames.||Strong healing at the start of combat (watch the timers).|
Serpent Flame swirls around 4 players, dealing 29k fire damage once every 1 second for 10 seconds, to all players within range of this effect. Damage increases as the radius decreases.
When it expires Coiling Flames slides to a new target.
|Move away from players, prepare a personal defense ability in 5 seconds.|
Mythic: The flames fully compress the target, dealing 91k fire damage once every 1 second for 4 seconds.
When it expires, the target explodes, dealing 1.2M fire damage distributed to players within a 5 meter radius of the explosion. The flames are then transferred to another player.
|When Coiling Flames runs out, a puddle appears around the player and must be absorbed. Two other players must step into it. The players affected by Coiling Eruption must not overlap. After a successful soak, the Coiling Flames are transferred to the next player.|
|Eviscerating Flames||Mythic: When taking damage from multiple spiral eruptions simultaneously, the player is transformed into a whirlwind of flame, dealing 2.5M fire damage.||Soak players separately, don't try to run down multiple players with a debuff.|
|Twisting Singe||Spiral embers radiate fire outward, dealing 83k fire damage to nearby allies. This damage increases as the spiral flames shrink.|
|Burning Vertebrae||(Healer) The Volcoross Fire Skeleton radiates fury, dealing 37k fire damage every 2 seconds to absolutely everyone in the raid.||Permanent debuff?|
|Flood of the Firelands||
After accumulating 100 energy, the boss unleashes 2 huge magical meteorites. Each hit deals 3.3M fire damage, the damage is split between all characters in contact. The characters are thrown back and Hellboil appears.
According to the mechanics of the ability, this stream must be bridged by a minimum of 4 characters, otherwise 582k fire damage will be dealt to all raid members, and a puddle called Hellboil will consume the entire battlefield.
|Two meteorites. Absorb 50/50. Repels from the epicenter of the meteorite. The groups then split up and go right / left. These puddles are constantly growing. The next meteors will be on the edge of the previous puddles.|
|Hellboil||Puddle, deals 166k fire damage once every 1 second.||Residual puddle. Increasing.|
|Volcanic Disgorge||Volcoross spits chunks of scalding bile at the target, dealing 415k fire damage within 3 meters of each hit and creating a puddle of Hellboil.||Misses in the transition phase when Flood of the Firelands appears.|
|Scorchtail Crash||Strikes an area with its tail, dealing 2.5M physical damage while knocking back all affected players. The shockwave deals 83k fire damage to all. At heroic and above, the strike spawns Tidal Blaze.||First a shadow appears, then a blow. After the blow, drops appear in 3 lines.|
|Tidal Blaze||Heroic / Mythic: A jet of lava that deals 415k fire damage once every 1 second to players within range of the effect.||Fire formation, 3 on each side of the fallen tail.|
|Molten Venom||(Tank) The boss's melee attacks inflict a debuff that deals 37k fire damage once every 1 second and increases the damage taken from Cataclysm Jaws, by 50% for 20 seconds (cumulative).||Swapping between tanks is done during a cast Cataclysm Jaws.|
|Cataclysm Jaws||(Tank) Hits the tank, dealing 2.1M physical damage and 415k fire damage.||Must hit a clean tank.|
|Serpent's Wrath||Covering the arena with puddles, the boss deals 91k fire damage to all characters and imposes a +5% damage buff every 0.5 seconds.||Imminent death of all raid members (enrage).|
|Combusting Rage||If there is no target in melee range, then the boss starts dealing 207k AoE damage to all raid members.||It is forbidden to move away from the boss.|
- Split the raid 50/50. After the first meteorites, groups go in a ring in both directions to split subsequent meteorites.
- Changing tanks is done during the cast Cataclysm Jaws.
- Be ready to heal the raid at the very beginning of the battle. Pay special attention to healers during transitions. On the first AoE all healers and raid members are close, this can be healed with medium defense abilities, and more serious defense abilities are recommended for the next AoE. 4th AoE hit - raid members can survive together.
- The most painful combinations are around the transition phase (meteors). There you run out of rings, you have to soak players, then soak meteors, and then survive the AoE damage from the boss. These moments must be taken into account and use defensive abilities.
- MDD info: The boss's hitbox is much bigger than it looks. Approximately to the middle of the width of the ring you are standing on.
- Two large meteorites scatter players relative to their center. Stand so that you fly off to a clear spot as you move, not into the lava.
- Try slowing down the boss' auto-attack speed and resulting debuffs with the following options: Warlock - "Curse of Weakness", Death Knight - "Insidious Chill", Rogue - "Numbing Poison".
Heroic (HC) - Boss timers
Heroic (HC) - note in MRT format
Mythic - Boss timers
Mythic - note in MRT format
Positioning during a boss fight